CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Minnesota Bound

Finally!  Liam got to meet his Minnesota family.  So far he'd only met Uncle Tony and Gramma Deb (my brother and my mom) from the cold North.  Tony was here when Liam was born, and my mom visited soon after.
On Liam's 10 week birthday, he had his first plane ride:
 


We started out sharing a row with another person, but a very nice lady across the aisle switched with us and we had our own row!  So Liam napped in the middle seat very comfortably. 
My grandparents picked us up from Minneapolis airport, and Liam greeted them with BIG smiles :)
We all went to their house to relax and have dinner.  My mom, brother and my dad met us there.
Here is Great Grandma Stearns:

And Great Grandpa Stearns: 

After a great dinner we headed over to Aunt Julie's to meet some more family.  A few Aunts and cousins were there to greet us.
They gave us some great gifts!  A new Vikings outfit!! 


And a U of M shirt!!

And Great Grandma made a beautiful blanket for Liam: 

We finally went back to my parents house after quite a day.... Here Liam is wearing a sweater Great-Grandma Stearns made for him to use in the cool MN weather:


The next day, Friday, we went to my other grandparents house. (My mom's side)  They were thrilled as well to meet him:


GG Lee showed Liam how to give Eskimo kisses (popular in MN):

Both GG Marie and GG Lee enjoyed Liam and his smiles:


And GG got to feed him!
That night I attended a viewing for a friend who recently passed away.  But to lighten the mood, I brought two of my classmates back to GG's house to meet our baby boy:

Regina and Alicia taught Liam how to "Shake his Booty":


He gave me a look like,"Who are these people??"  I had to explain they are Mommy's great friends and we all like to have fun! :
 

After leaving GG's, we spent a little time with Grampa :


Saturday was a low key day spent at Gramma and Grampa's.  (It seems funny to call my parents anything but Mom and Dad, but I'm getting used to it :) ).
 

My Aunt Julie came over with Cousins Jessica and Bridget for a little bit:


Later that night Chad, Liam and I went out to dinner with Mom and Dad.  We went to a place that had Mexican food --Chad's favorite.  Again we had to bundle Liam up from the cold.  (It wasn't a very warm weekend.  The temperature was not above 55 degrees the whole time).






Here is a picture with Gramma:

Sunday was another big day!  We got up in hte morning and hung out with Grampa on his Harley! 


I finally got to ride on the Harley with Dad.  Last time I was home was the first time I got to see it, and I was "too pregnant" to ride then.


It was a great ride!!


 This is an outfit Grampa had sent with Gramma when Liam was born.  He fit into it just in time for Grampa to see him!:




 Then we headed back to the GG Browns' for a little Meet 'n' Greet party.  Some delicious MN cuisine and family.  We had a "Cake Box" cake.  THE best cake in town!!  Notice they added the Viking helmets in the corners:

 We took a few updated family photos with the new addition of course:



Four Generations :
 

 We headed back to Mom and Dad's to unwind and get ready for our trip back to California.  We hung out with Uncle Tony and Gramma and Grampa:


Liam played with Uncle Tony's computer:

And I goofed around a little with my son:




It was such a great trip and it was VERY hard to leave. We didn't have the luxury of our own row on the plane this time,  but Liam found the passenger traveling in our row to be very entertaining.  (Poor guy was trying to sleep and Liam gave him the gummy grins to get his attention) He did sleep most of the flight.  He seems to be a good traveler! 
Thank you to everyone we saw.  We had a great time!  I can't wait to get back. 

0 comments: